Before I wait for the lake effect snow to end and then attempt to dig a tunnel to the car, here are some Blackhawks-related articles from around the web:
Here’s a nice little story about Jim Cornelison, the Blackhawks’ anthem singer. (ChicagoMag.com)
According to Jesse Rogers, The Blackhawks were snowed in last night. They’re practicing at Nationwide Arena in Columbus before they attempt to fly back to Chicago. (ESPN Chicago)
I know that the results of this CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada/NHLPA poll have gotten around the web, but here are some Blackhawks-relevant results:
- The Blackhawks ranked second (tied with the Vancouver Canucks) as the team players would most like to play on.
- The United Center ranked third as the favorite rink players like to play in.
- Coach Q ranked fifth as the coach players would most like to play for.
- Duncan Keith was ranked fifth as the toughest defenseman to play against and fourth as the league’s best skater.
- Jonathan Toews was ranked fourth as the active player they would select to start a franchise.
- Patrick Sharp was ranked as the third most underrated player.