My minion, Hannah, is leaving for Europe for a semester. I had a temporary minion, but his real job is kicking his ass, so he won’t be able to fill in.
So this is my cry out to the Internet. I need a new minion before the beginning of the season!
Your duties as my minion will include:
- Writing up pre- and post-game articles on the site for most Blackhawks home games (because I will be at the games), using these posts as templates: Pre-Game, Post-Game
- Posting occasional “Your Daily Cup” link dumps and breaking news when I can’t get to them.
- Fetching my slippers, my newspaper, and my coffee
- Must have experience with WordPress
- Decent writing skills (I’ll edit to a point, but if I have to take a red pen to all of your work, just don’t apply, okay?)
- A sense of humor — this is obviously the most important requirement.
If you’re interested in applying for the minion position, please send me a link to existing writing you have done OR a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re sending in a writing sample, this is the subject:
Write up the Blackhawks home opener against the Stars, using the pre-game format linked above. Pretend that they’ve already won against the Stars in overtime the night before.