The Chicago Wolves are setting trends in the AHL. First the whole Twitter thing — which is still hilarious, by the way — to something many Blackhawks fans might remember: individual goal songs for each player when they score a goal.
Yes, that’s right, the Chicago Wolves have embraced the Blackhawks’ old tradition of playing individual goal songs (and save songs for the goaltenders) after they score a goal. It’s a great idea and adds more personality to the players and makes games a bit more audience interactive. Blackhawks fans may recall their own individual goal songs — ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ for Patrick Sharp, ‘Rock You Like A Hurricane’ for Patrick Kane, ‘Johnny B. Goode’ for Jonathan Toews, etc. It adds a lot of fun to the atmosphere at games and should be something all AHL teams embrace. At least in my opinion. Most current individual goal/save songs used by the Wolves at home games can be found below (thanks toThe Province). You can add them to your Wolves Playlist on your iPod. Or something.
- Eddie Lack — Save The World (Tonight) – Swedish House Mafia
Did you expect anything less?
- Matt Climie — Another Brick in the Wall – Pink Floyd
- Adam Polasek — You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid — The Offspring
- Yann Sauve — Rico Suave – Gerardo Mejia
It’s like Kat came up with this list.
- Nolan Baumgartner — You Dropped A Bomb On Me – The Gap Band
- Nathan Longpre — Sexy And I Know It – LMFAO
- Michael Davies — Let’s Hear It For the Boy – Deniece Williams
- Tim Miller — Miller Time
Of course. Unfortunately, there’s no video for this song. Boo urns.
- Mike Duco — Headlines – Drake
- Darren Haydar — Next Contestant – Nickelback
- Kevin Doell — Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
Personally, I can’t stand this song, but hey. It works.
- Mike Mancari — How You Like Me Now? – The Heavy
- Mark Matheson — Who Let the Dogs Out? – Baja Men
If you don’t want to see him score if just because of this song, you have issues.
- Matt Clackson — Warriors Code – Dropkick Murphys
- Antoine Roussel — Born This Way – Lady Gaga
- Stefan Schneider — Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO
I suppose no list would be complete without this song, as annoying as it may be now.
- Steve Reinprecht — Good Feeling – Flo Rida
And the best one?
I honestly wouldn’t mind if more teams adopted this concept. Even up to the NHL level. Teams would do well to at least have a distinct goal song for every team like how you hear Chelsea Dagger and know it’s the Blackhawks. Buuut that’s just my opinion.
Chicago Wolves Scores from the Week:
- FEBRUARY 7TH VS AEROS: 2-1 Wolves
- FEBRUARY 10TH VS ICEHOGS: 2-1 IceHogs
- FEBRUARY 11TH VS ICEHOGS: 6-2 Wolves
Additional Notes From the Week:
- Mark Mancari earned his 400th career point on the February 11th game vs Rockford
- February 9th — Mike Duco was recalled by the Vancouver Canucks
- February 14th — Mike Duco returned to Chicago