- The Chicago Blackhawks start their six-game Disney On Ice road trip with a visit to the Minnesota Wild tonight at 7:00pm CT. The game will be aired on NBC Sports Network in Chicago.
- Previews: NHL, Chicago Tribune, Second City Hockey, The Committed Indian
- Corey Crawford will be in net tonight for the Blackhawks, because of course he will be. (@ChiTribHamilton) Josh Harding will backstop the Wild. (Star Tribune)
- Injury Report: Daniel Carcillo is still recovering from his knee injury, which will put him on the shelf until late February. Michal Rozsival is dealing with his own lower-body injury. For the Wild, defenseman Jared Spurgeon missed Tuesday’s game with a foot injury. (NHL.com)
- Puck Daddy praises the Blackhawks penalty kill, which has allowed one goal in 23 chances so far.
- Brandon Saad is meeting coach Joel Quenneville‘s expectations so far. Here’s to hoping his hard work will show up on the score sheet soon. (ESPN)
- The Blackhawks held a contest on their Twitter, @NHLBlackhawks, for new hashtags to replace the two-year-old #Crawsome. Here are some of the winners. I guess they didn’t like my suggestions, #Crawfordcalifragilisticexpialidocious or #OohBabyILikeItCraw. (Chicago Blackhawks)
- Finally, here’s a video featuring Nick Leddy mouthbreathing about being back in Minnesota and playing in front of his family.