- The Chicago Blackhawks take on the Phoenix Coyotes tonight at 8:00pm CT. The game will be on Comcast Sportsnet in Chicago.
- Previews: NHL, Chicago Tribune, Second City Hockey, The Committed Indian, Blackhawk Up
- Ray Emery will be in net for the Blackhawks. (@ChrisKuc) Mike Smith will backstop the Coyotes. (@azc_mclellan)
- So Raffi Torres returns to the Coyotes lineup tonight after serving his 21 game suspension for his hit on Marian Hossa. Great. The Blackhawks are focusing more on winning than on trying to get back at him, though, which is the right thing to do. (Chicago Tribune) Torres is pretty much useless otherwise, so Jamal Mayers can punch him a couple of times to get it out of both teams’ systems early.
- Daniel Carcillo (who is still out with a knee injury injury, by the way) was named the fourth most-hated player in the NHL by Sports Illustrated. For some reason
because he’s black, PK Subban was named the most-hated player. I’m not sure this author has actually watched a hockey game ever.
- Duncan Keith is old (okay, he’s only going to be 30 this year, but he’s still older than most of his teammates) and works hard. That’s what I got from this article on the Chicago Blackhawks website.
- Patrick Kane and Andrew Shaw will be the first guests on this season’s premiere episode of Blackhawks Live! on February 18. To get your tickets for this, click here.
- I know I posted this yesterday, but… let’s watch that video of the Blackhawks working out at University of Phoenix Stadium again. Because it’s my site, and I do what I want, that’s why.