- The Chicago Blackhawks take on the Los Angeles Kings today at 2:30pm CT at the United Center. The game will air on NBC as part of Hockey Day In America.
- Previews: NHL, Chicago Tribune
- Ray Emery will be in net for the Blackhawks. (@ChrisKuc) Jonathan Quick will probably backstop the Kings, but it has not been confirmed.
- Injury Report: Corey Crawford will miss his second straight game with an upper-body injury. Daniel Carcillo is closer to returning to the lineup, but will not be in on Sunday. (Chicago Tribune) Steve Montador is listed as day-to-day by the NHL. The Kings will be down three defensemen: Alec Martinez (upper body), Willie Mitchell (knee), and Matt Greene (back). (NHL)
- The Guardian — yes, the newspaper from the UK — wrote an article about the Blackhawks. What. I didn’t even know they wrote about hockey.
- In prospects news, Kevin Hayes was suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules. (BC Interruption) It is hoped he will return to the team later on this season.
- In nicer prospects news, Stephen Johns is excited to skate at Soldier Field with his Notre Dame teammates as a part of the Hockey City Classic taking place today. (ESPN)
- US Representative (and probably the biggest Blackhawks homer in Congress) Mike Quigley talks to the Daily Herald about being a huge hockey fan.