Second Balcony Breakdown makes a triumphant return this week live from Casey’s apartment (which means the sound quality is about 500% better than any podcast that came before it)! Casey was out of the country last week, so we have a lot of ground to cover, including…
- Making Casey’s dad drink his first shot of Jeppson’s Malört
- Working backwards, the Chicago Blackhawks‘ games against the… (deep breath) Edmonton Oilers, Colorado Avalanche times two, Minnesota Wild, Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets, St. Louis Blues, and Edmonton Oilers (again)
- Other happenings around the NHL, including the debate on visors being reignited by Marc Staal‘s injury, the Anaheim Ducks and Ryan Getzlaf‘s
baldnesscontract extension, the Philadelphia Flyers‘ woes, and the Blue Jackets as the Little Team That Could.
- Patrick Sharp‘s insatiable vanity during warmups
- Jonathan Toews‘ spread in Splash magazine (click here for the online article about it — you’ll be able to tell what photos I’m talking about when you get there) and his new nickname, Captain Tiger Beat
- Casey’s experience watching a Belfast Giants–Cardiff Devils game in Ireland
- The best hockey bar Casey has ever been to is in Belfast at the Odyssey Arena, and it’s called Rockies Sports Bar. They have every sort of jersey you can imagine… except for a Blackhawks jersey. Someone needs to get on that. Have the Blackhawks’ people call their people.
- The Line Cocktail for the week, which is the most disgusting one yet.
- Question for this week: I don’t even know — you find it.
- Make sure you’re following us on Twitter! Casey is @Raedances, and I’m, of course, @RunsOnDuncan.
Click the button below to listen.
Download the podcast here. (Right-click and select “Save target/link as…” to download the MP3 to your computer.)