- The Chicago Blackhawks take on the Los Angeles Kings tonight at the United Center at 7:00pm CT. The game will air on Comcast Sportsnet in Chicago.
- Previews: NHL, Chicago Tribune, The Committed Indian, Second City Hockey
- Corey Crawford will be in net for the Blackhawks. (@TramyersCSN) Jonathan Quick will most likely backstop the Kings. (@lakingsinsider)
- Injury Report: Marian Hossa (upper body) will sit tonight. He is still considered day-to-day. Patrick Sharp (shoulder) is still a week to ten days away from returning to the lineup. For the Kings, Willie Mitchell (knee) is day-to-day, while Matt Greene (back) is out indefinitely. (NHL)
- With Hossa out of the lineup, Michael Frolik will get a chance to show his stuff on the top line. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Blackhawks’ faceoff success can determine the difference between winning and losing a game, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. So why is it that Jonathan Toews is the only one who can be depended on to win a draw?
- If you don’t get a little choked up reading about Keith Magnuson on the Chicago Blackhawks website… I don’t know, man. You might not have a heart.
- Speaking of Keith Magnuson, he and Glenn Hall are the final two Blackhawks with retired numbers in the rafters to become immortalized in bobblehead form. Here are all of the bobbleheads together, courtesy of @nhlblackhawks on Instagram.
- Finally, Phillip Danault is the focus of this System Spotlight, courtesy of BHTV: