Even though I was initially upset about it, now I feel like I’m talking to my mother on the phone whenever someone brings up this game.
“Oh my God, this is the last game the Blackhawks and the Red Wings will play as division rivals!”
“After this, the Red Wings are going over to the Eastern Conference!”
Oh, really? That’s nice.
“It’s so sad! Isn’t it sad?”
“Oh, by the way — if the Red Wings lose tonight, they might not make the playoffs.”
Oh, that’s n — Wait, what?
“Yeah! If they lose tonight, they could get overtaken by the Coyotes, or the Stars, or even the Blue Jackets!”
REALLY? I gotta go.
“Why, what’s wr–”
DEE-TROIT SUCKS! DEE-TROIT SUCKS! (hangs up the phone)
Nothing like a chance to stick it to a division rival one more time to get the hate flowing.
Anyway, here’s what you need to know:
- Corey Crawford is in net for the Blackhawks. The Red Wings are going with Jimmy Howard, because hahaha like they have anyone else to go with.
- Dave Bolland is still out with a lower-body injury. I’m sure we’ll miss him on the ice as much as we missed him before he got injured.
- Viktor Stalberg shaved his beard to get some stitches out. This is important news, okay.
- Also, for all those who wondered how the United Center goes from ice to hardwood for Chicago Bulls games, the Chicago Tribune has your answer.
- Want to learn about that Finnish kid the Blackhawks drafted last year, Teuvo Teravainen? They’ve got you covered with a new System Spotlight video.