So here we are again, with another late Western-Canadian game on a school night, which more-or-less doesn’t matter for either team. This is my excited face 😐
Let me fill you in on this matchup, in bulletpoint form.
– Patrick Sharp makes his return to the lineup. Hopefully for good this time. DO NOT TOUCH HIM AND HIS GLASS SHOULDER PLS & THX U EDMONTON.
– Ray Emery also returns to the ice, in his first start since last Monday vs. Dallas. Let us pray his hip has been oiled sufficiently
– Drew “Skinny Chris Farley” LeBlanc, he of the Hobey Baker Award, makes his NHL debut tonight. He’ll be centering Sharp and Patrick Kane. Poor kid, those guys will drag him down for sure
– The Hawks clinch the President’s Cup tonight by gaining two points in any fashion. Not sure how I feel about this seeing as I vividly remember what happened the last time the Blackhawks won it. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, don’t Google it – you’ll cry and barf for days.
– Dave Bolland will miss his second consecutive game due to a bad groin/foot/brain/don’t-give-a-shititis
– The Oilers are 2-8-0 in their last 10 games. LOTTERY: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
– Nikolai Khabibulin gets the start for the Oil. We’ll always have the 2009 Playoffs Khabi, at least until you died during the Detroit series
– Someone please tape Duncan Keith’s mouth after the game. Personally, I’m surprised anyone was able to understand him since he always talks like a serial killer with crap in his mouth.
– Taylor Hall
– Basically any game the Blackhawks play against the Oilers in the last few years. I expect either a 0-0 shootout or a 10-9 display of goaltender prowess.
Let’s Go Hawks! Or Something.