Welcome back to another Second Balcony Breakdown live from Casey’s apartment! Our good friend Lee (@CaptainMVP) joins us tonight to chime in and laugh at us.[audio http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-126405/TS-750766.mp3]
Download this podcast (Right-click on the link and “Save link/target as..”)
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. (Just click the link, and you’ll be taken to a page where you can subscribe.)
- Our disappointment over not being able to watch the awkwardness that is the NHL Awards
- The Chicago Blackhawks‘ Games 3, 4, and 5 against the Detroit Red Wings
- The other NHL series that happened this week, including the Pittsburgh Penguins‘ win over the Ottawa Senators, the Boston Bruins‘ win over the New York Rangers, and the Los Angeles Kings/San Jose Sharks series, which is going to Game 7
- Vokouna Matata!
- This awful picture of Pierre McGuire, which I’m putting after a cut. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
- Jonathan Toews was nominated for the Mark Messier Leadership Award, and the NHL is robbing us of a potential awkward acceptance speech! You bastards!
- Last week’s question: We are making for-real buttons and pins commemorating Kane’s Lady Byng nomination! Come up with a slogan or design for our button! We’ll send you a free button if we choose your design or slogan. And the winner is:
- Congratulations to Ali (@AliLawrence) for the winning design(s), and thank you to all of those who entered.
- The Line Cocktail for this week is in honor of the Bryan Bickell goal scored in Game 5, assisted by Patrick Kane and Michal Handzus.
- This week’s question: When the Blackhawks went down 3-1, shit got weird. What superstitions did you partake in to attempt to bring some good juju back to the team?
- Follow us on the Twitter machine! I’m at @RunsOnDuncan, and Casey is at @Raedances.