After a week off, Casey and I return with another edition of Second Balcony Breakdown… with 100% better sound quality![audio http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-126405/TS-759675.mp3]
Download this podcast (Right-click on the link and “Save link/target as..”)
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. (Just click the link, and you’ll be taken to a page where you can subscribe.)
- The NHL Awards! Because I guess we should talk about those! Jonathan Toews won the Selke, the terrible goaltending tandem of Corey Crawford and Ray Emery won the Jennings, none of the other Chicago Blackhawks won anything — whatever.
- Swardy BangBang is our favorite commenter on this podcast, and she is an awesome cartoonist in real life. Her comic on the NHL lockout is called Chelsea Chelsea (What A Cluster-Puck), and you can buy it here! It’s $5 total if you live in the US, so get on that.
- The first five games of the Stanley Cup Final (not Finals!) against the Boston Bruins
- CORSI is a fun fancystat you should learn.
- Brandon Bollig should never be in an OT game in the SCF ever again.
- Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron were both injured in Game 5, but will be playing in Game 6? Okay!
- Other things that happened across the NHL, including Alain Vigneault and John Tortorella trading jobs and the Colorado Avalanche being idiots about not taking Seth Jones, maybe.
- The Line Cocktail this week is pretty spectacular.
- We have no question for this week, because fuck questions — the season is almost over!
- Go support Casey’s hockey team, the Chicago Snow Hawks, by going out to Bar Forza for a Game 6 Watch Party! I won’t be there because me going out to a bar for a Blackhawks game is apparently bad luck — but Casey will be there, along with other awesome people. The address is 2476 N Lincoln Ave., Chicago, IL 60614. Go stop by and tell Casey I sent you!
- Follow us on Twitter! I’m at @RunsOnDuncan, and Casey is at @Raedances.
- And now, the videos we mentioned in the podcast:
Hologram Bill Masterton is a dick:
Andrew Shaw mic’d up for Game 1:
Patrick Kane mic’d up for Game 4:
Bonus GIF: Milan Lucic loses his shit (kind of justifiably, but still funny).