On this episode of Second Balcony Breakdown, Casey and I spend the better part of the podcast tearing apart the Chicago Blackhawks‘ 2013-14 schedule.[audio http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-126405/TS-768371.mp3]
Download this podcast (Right-click on the link and “Save link/target as..”)
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. (Just click the link, and you’ll be taken to a page where you can subscribe.)
Other topics include:
- The Blackhawks games you can feel pretty okay with missing or only half-watching if you have other things to do, like wrapping presents or folding laundry. Note: This includes a lot of Minnesota Wild and Dallas Stars games.
- Saying goodbye (and good riddance) to Daniel Carcillo, one weird guy who did some dumbass shit.
- Kyle Beach getting re-signed for a one-year deal.
- The Blackhawks signing Drew
LeBLAHLeBlanc, Theo Peckham, and Mike Kostka. I’m sure they’ll make fine Rockford IceHogs.
- Blackhawks players who we think are locks for their respective countries’ teams in the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. We also talk about the rumor that Corey Crawford has been invited to Team Canada’s camp.
- The new NHL division names, or why “Metropolitan Division” is a really stupid name.
- Dustin Brown getting re-signed by the Los Angeles Kings, and the Blackhawks’ role in this.
- Matt Duchene getting re-signed by the Colorado Avalanche.
- Some other re-signings, along with discussing the guys who are still out there, including Jaromir Jagr and Tim Thomas.
- Calling out two dumbass commentators who posted stupid shit on our YouTube live feed of this podcast, because fuck those guys.
- Question for the week: Send us questions about the Blackhawks so we ) can answer them while drunkenly attempting to podcast on Friday night at the Blackhawks Convention.
- Follow us on Twitter! I’m at @RunsOnDuncan, and Casey is at @Raedances.