Casey and I return with another edition of Second Balcony Breakdown that is a couple of days late. It’s the summer, alright? Just deal with it for now.
Download this podcast (Right-click on the link and “Save link/target as..”)
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. (Just click the link, and you’ll be taken to a page where you can subscribe.)
- The arrival of Carter Seven Seabrook, or why Brent Seabrook is a ridiculous human being for giving his child the middle name “Seven.”
- Tickets went on sale for Chicago Blackhawks regular season tickets. Casey tells you how not to fail next time.
- Also, I brought up this story during this.
- Tickets are now on sale for Blackhawks Training Camp at Notre Dame. Click here for more details on that.
- Henrik Lundqvist gives a “no comment” after being asked about Russia’s anti-gay laws, then gets pissy about the backlash over it afterward. We explain why that’s bullshit.
- I fangirl over Wade Davis being named the new executive director of You Can Play. I’d be embarrassed about it if I could feel shame.
- Old dudes Teemu Selanne and Jaromir Jagr have decisions to make on their futures.
- Jonathan Toews says it’s naive to think that there aren’t NHL players on PEDs. We believe him.
- Daniel Alfredsson wore a Senators jersey to practice. (checks calendar) Yep, still August.
- The Greater Toronto Area probably isn’t getting an NHL team. Toronto might get a second team, though. We discuss the possibilities.
- We answer a few questions, including why Jack Johnson sucks, my favorite hockey book ever, and an attempt at matching Blackhawks with various Marvel characters before remembering that Marvel characterization is a complete shitshow. Yes, we’re nerds
- Ali from My Little Blackhawk will be participating in a free burlesque show at Lincoln Tap Room (3010 N. Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL) on Friday, August 23, so check it out if you can!
- Even though we keep saying Sunday on the podcast, the Second Balcony Breakdown – HOCKEE NIGHT podcast won’t be happening until Monday, August 26. So tune in for that one. It promises to be… something.
- Follow us on Twitter! I’m at @RunsOnDuncan, and Casey is at @Raedances.