Casey and I return to Second Balcony Breakdown with actual news, for the most part, because it’s almost hockey season. Thank goodness.
Download this podcast (Right-click on the link and “Save link/target as..”)
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes (Just click the link, and you’ll be taken to a page where you can subscribe.)
Listen to the podcast via FeedBurner (For those of you who don’t do iTunes and can’t get any of the other methods to work.)
- Remembering 9-11 victims Grant “Ace” Bailey and Mark Bavis. If you’d like, please donate to Ace Bailey’s Childrens Foundation and the Mark Bavis Leadership Foundation.
- We didn’t talk about Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, or Lokomotiv all that much during the summer, so we go over the summer of 2011 on this podcast.
- Then we go lighter, because I should only cry once on this podcast.
- Corey Crawford and Niklas Hjalmarsson got re-signed. We discuss their contracts.
- These dumbasses on this team we root for are back in town and going to other sports games wearing awful things (Bryan Bickell) and not holding children correctly (Andrew Shaw)
- Teuvo Teravainen is the only reason I care about this weekend’s training camp and Monday’s Training Camp Festival.
- Other happenings around the NHL, including:
- The Philadelphia Flyers proving once and for all that they don’t know how the salary cap works by signing Dan Cleary
- Terrible jerseys from both Team Canada and the Buffalo Sabres
- The Nashville Perdaters
- The carnival sideshow that is the Calgary Flames, including Miikka Kiprusoff‘s official retirement and Brian Burke‘s hiring as the President of Hockey Operations.
- Speaking of Burke, you need to read this.
- John Tavares is named the New York Islanders‘ captain. We both thought this happened months ago, but apparently not.
- Nazem Kadri re-signs with the Toronto Maple Leafs because he had no other choice.
- The Florida Panthers reportedly offered Tim Thomas a tryout contract. They’re also reportedly talking to Ilya Bryzgalov. If there is a Hockey God, he will put both of them on this team.
- Behind The B is a really interesting look at the behind-the-scenes workings of the Boston Bruins, and you should check it out.
- And now… HOCKEY LADY BUTTS. Okay, not really. But Casey does talk about how she wants to marry Tessa Bonhomme. (Here is Bonhomme’s Ottawa Citizen photo shoot.)
- We congratulate the AIHL Goodall Cup Champions, the Sydney Ice Dogs!
- Follow us on Twitter! I’m at @RunsOnDuncan, and Casey is at @Raedances.