Casey and I return for what turned out to be the loopiest Second Balcony Breakdown yet, thanks to certain things mentioned at the beginning of the podcast. Yeeeeah.
Download this podcast (Right-click on the link and “Save link/target as..”)
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes (Just click the link, and you’ll be taken to a page where you can subscribe.)
Listen to the podcast via FeedBurner (For those of you who don’t do iTunes and can’t get any of the other methods to work.)
- Stan Bowman‘s two-year extension, and why this is a good thing
- Preseason rule/equipment changes
- The Chicago Blackhawks held their training camp over the weekend and into Monday with the Training Camp Festival.
- The first preseason game against the Detroit Red Wings. The Blackhawks won 2-0. Which is nice.
- The Dan Cleary hot mess that ended with him re-signing with the Red Wings
- The Jordan Nolan hit on Rostislav Klesla
- Tim Thomas is in Florida, trying out for the Florida Panthers, which means two of Casey’s least favorite things have been combined. (For anyone who lives in Florida and is reading this now — I apologize in advance.)
- Nathan Walker is a precious Australian gift to the NHL, and don’t let anyone tell you differently.
- Evgeni Malkin is a smart cookie about his answer to “the gay question.”
- Louis Leblanc‘s girlfriend yells at the Canadiens for cutting him. Did I mention his girlfriend is Aleksandra Wozniak?
- Follow us on Twitter! I’m at @RunsOnDuncan, and Casey is at @Raedances.