Casey and I return to our Thursday schedule to bring you this rant-filled edition of Second Balcony Breakdown.
- Corey Crawford‘s injury, and why Casey doesn’t find it as funny as most people (but I still think it’s hilarious)
- The Chicago Blackhawks won their game against the St. Louis Blues even though Antti Raanta still gives us fits because the Patrick Kane–Brad Richards–Kris Versteeg line is the best bargain in hockey right now.
- Some other news around the league, such as:
- Jean Beliveau died on Tuesday
- MORE MUMPS, THOUGH. HONESTLY?
- A couple of quick notes about Ilya Bryzgalov working out with the Ducks and Daniel Alfredsson retiring an Ottawa Senator.
- Hockey Trashboys: On Steve Lepore, Adrian Dater, and how to be an ally (or not be an ally, as it were). Not that we name any names (lol psych we totally name names).
- Questions from the audience! Yes, we’re making this a regular feature on the podcast now, so please send us your questions to us via Twitter (linked below under the cut), my ask box on Tumblr, or on our brand-new email account: firstname.lastname@example.org!
- From Rachel: “Can you say 3 nice things (each) about the Blues?”
- From a few people on Twitter: “Can you name the Blackhawks’ daemons?” (Casey takes the question exactly wrong — or exactly right, if you’re a computer geek.)
- From a friend on Twitter: “Which NHL team do you think would be most likely to sign Hilary Knight for realsies? And follow-up question: which NHL player would she get into a fight with first?”
- Jonathan Toews bought a house in Lincoln Park. We make fun of it because we can.
- Someone answered our question from last week (“What kind of pet would Patrick Kane have, since he might be allergic to dogs?”) with a fanfic about Patrick Kane and a tortoise. We are presenting it under the cut, because you should read this and know that neither of us are this creative to write this. Also because I LOVE IT.